Ever wondered how you can change your personal details on your Aadhaar card? It is actually very easy. You can update information such as change of name, address and mobile number. There are 3 ways this can be done.
- You need to visit uidai.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Update your Aadhaar data’ link.
- You will get a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
- This OTP helps authenticate your identity.
- Update the data.
- Now, you can upload the documentary proof supporting this update.
- Visit uidai.gov.in
- Download the Update Form.
- Fill in all the details along with the information change.
- Send the form with supporting documents to either of the UIDAI offices in Hyderabad and Madhya Pradesh.
- The addresses are: UIDAI, Post Box Number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001 or UIDAI, Post Box Number 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034.
- Go to a Permanent Enrolment Centre (PEC).
- You can update your data as well as biometric details at a PEC.
- It is not possible to do this online or by post.
- PECs charge a nominal fee of Rs. 15 for the service.
- You need to update the biometric details of your children when they turn 5 years old and 15 years old respectively.
There are several benefits to having an Aadhaar card. Some of them include:
- LPG Subsidy – Get your Aadhaar card linked to your LPG connection and get the subsidy right in your bank account.
- Passport – If you have an Aadhaar card you can get your passport within 10 days of applying for it. Here, police verification is done at a later date.
- Jan Dhan Yojana – Using only your Aadhaar card, you can open this bank account.
- E-verify your IT return – You can verify your IT return using your Aadhaar linked bank account.
An Aadhaar card is as important as a PAN card, if not more. It can, of course, be used as an identity proof. And note that the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) accepts Aadhaar as proof of address. Don’t forget to flash it when you are investing in Mutual Funds.