When it comes to dieting, lose those extra kilos; the single most effective way to lose weight and maintain health is by making quick lasting lifestyle changes. Clean eating is a lifestyle that puts the boot to processed, packaged foods dripping with salt, sodium, and unpronounceable ingredients.
It focuses instead on natural, nutrient-packed foods that let your body run the way its supposed to. Change how you look and feel with our clean eating tips:
- Should have frequent and small meals.
- Have at least 2-3 litres of water a day.
- Have at least 7 hours of sleep daily.
- Limit the intake of sweetened drinks like colas, juices, etc
- Vegetables - all seasonal vegetables are allowed except arbi.
- Fruits - all fruits except mango and chiku are allowed.
- Oil Not more than 3-4 Tbsp of oil (including ghee) in a day.
- Do not add extra salt in salads, curd, fruit salad. Avoid papad.
- Always use low fat milk and its products.
- Any form of physical activity like walking, jogging, dancing, yoga etc for atleast 40 mins for days a week is highly recommended.
- Choose multigrain / wheat bread
- Limit your sugar intake to not more than 2 tsp a day.
- Jeera, methi and dhaniya water : soak 1/2 tsp of each in a glass of water overnight. Boil The water in the morning , strain let it cool and drink.
- Bran Roti is half atta and half wheat bran.
- Misi Roti is half atta and half besan
Try this at home and leave your feedback in the comments section below.
This article was originally published on Practo Health Feed by Ms. Ankita Gupta Sehgal, Dietitian/Nutritionist